When is the last time you felt like you were at the top of your mental game?
There are a lot of positives that go with aging—we accumulate life experiences and we discover wisdom. In fact, getting older should be a journey of actualization, one where we become the most accomplished versions of ourselves.
But that is pretty hard to do when you feel your mind slowing down day by day.
Maybe it started in your 40s or your 50s. If you were lucky, it might not strike until your 60s. For a lot of us, it begins clear back in our 30s or even before.
It usually starts small—so small in fact that you hardly notice it. One day you wake up and head to the office and you just can’t concentrate. Your thoughts feel slow, heavy. Trying to see the way to a solution is like peering through a dense fog.
Eventually one morning you wake up and realize it has been years since you felt like yourself. It takes so much more effort than it did before to string thoughts together. Your clarity is gone, you can never focus for more than two seconds at a time, and penetrating insights have been replaced by a swamp of distraction, confusion, and forgetfulness. Your thoughts feel frayed, worn—like ragged fabric flapping in the breeze.
It’s intolerable. And for many people, this is a normal part of healthy aging. But not always…
The reality is that cognitive impairment and dementia are also on the rise, and sometimes symptoms of forgetfulness and confusion are not so innocuous. According to the Alzheimer’s Association, someone in the United States is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease every 66 seconds. By the middle of this century, that is expected to grow to every 33 seconds.
One in three seniors die of Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia.
Think about that for a moment. This disease which robs people not only of their capacity for clear thinking, but of their very identities, is already an epidemic—and it is steadily getting worse as at an alarming rate.
Is There a Cure to Dementia?
Unfortunately, scientists’ understanding of dementia is still fairly limited. Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia are degenerative and fatal.
Right now there is no cure.
None of this means you should panic the first time you put your keys somewhere silly or you forget so-and-so’s name. Nor does a general loss of mental sharpness necessarily indicate you are on the way to cognitive impairment.
But it does mean that you should be serious about taking care of your brain health.
This isn’t just about quality of life when you are young—in your 30s or 40s or 50s—it is about retaining your clear thinking and your identity going into your senior years.
Smart Pills Offer Real and Lasting Brain Benefits
Our Favorite “Limitless Smart Pill Supplements”[go_pricing id=”top3″]
Again, I want to emphasize that there is no cure for dementia or Alzheimer’s. There are however supplements which you can take to enhance your mental performance and boost brain healthy. These supplements are called “nootropics,” or simply “smart pills.”
Could they stop you from getting dementia? Right now researchers honestly do not know enough to recommend any one reliable nutrient or supplement to prevent dementia. But they do agree that you should protect your brain health in any way you can.
Quality smart pills are 100% natural, and offer the following benefits:
- More energy
- Greater clarity of thought
- Improved ability to focus
- Higher confidence (the natural result of knowing you are performing at your best)
I am going to tell you more about these benefits in detail, and tell you about some of the specific scientifically-backed ingredients in top nootropic supplements.
Then I will share recommendations with you for the best nootropics on the market right now. But first I want to talk a bit more about how the brain ages.
How the Brain Ages
Even if your brain is healthy, you definitely are not imagining the changes you experience as you age.
As we get older, our brains actually shrink. There are additional changes in composition and structure as well, including an increase in white matter lesions as well as differing levels of hormones and neurotransmitters.
Just how fast does this process take place? Starting at around age 40, the volume of your brain declines around 5% every decade!
As you age, that decline may even speed up—especially after you turn 70.
Starting in middle age, you not only start losing brain volume, but your capacity for episodic memory shrinks as well. Episodic memories tell you when, where, and how you picked up information.
So for example, you might remember some details of a meeting you had at work recently, but cannot recall if it happened this week or last week.
Curiously enough, changes in attention may not be age-related at all.
Of course, there are many other factors which can also impact how we think and feel.
You may find yourself struggling to focus on your work or concentrate on a detail of information because you have more on your plate than you did when you were younger. The stress of day-to-day life can take a toll on your mental abilities.
This might impact your memory as well.
All of the effects discussed above apply to healthy brains. So if you are struggling with memory and concentration, you may still be completely healthy.
Some people however do develop a condition known as “mild cognitive impairment,” or MCI.
This is a slight decline in cognitive capabilities—not on the level of dementia, but still significant and measurable.
A doctor can usually diagnose cognitive impairment through simple evaluation and testing.
If you do have MCI, you are at an increased risk for dementia, including Alzheimer’s.
In some situations, MCI may be reversible—it all depends on its cause.
Regardless of your situation, the following cognitive pain points are commonly associated with aging:
- Less energy. Remember when you were young and you could just spring out of bed in the morning? As you get older, it is common to feel lethargic and listless. You may have a hard time finding the energy to do your work and your everyday chores, and may not have enough left over for your hobbies.
- Brain fog. Brain fog creeps over you stealthily at first—you may not realize it has become a fixed feature of your daily life until it has settled into the valleys of your mind. But it is by far one of the most aggravating experiences you can have. Brain fog can impact anyone at any age, even a student in college.
- Difficulty concentrating. As mentioned previously, this may not be a direct result of age—though it can be a common side-effect of struggling with fatigue and brain fog. When it takes more mental energy to think, it is harder to stay with it for a long time. Many of us also are surrounded by distractions clambering for our limited attention. Modern life is fast-paced, stressful, and overcrowded.
- Difficulty remembering. As discussed previously, challenges with episodic memory may start as early as middle age, even if your brain is healthy. As you get older, problems with memory tend to become more and more frequent. Once you reach your mid 30s, you will most likely begin to notice an increased frequency of forgetfulness. At this point, it may become common for you to lose your belongings and misplace your possessions, like your car keys or smartphones. This can truly be frustrating at best. At worst, it can be downright scary. You might also start misplacing names and having more “tip of the tongue” moments.
- Lost motivation. When it is hard to think, it is hard to do anything. You have to push yourself twice as hard as you used to in order to get anything done, and quite often you may find yourself too exhausted to bother. You may find you lose interest in activities you once enjoyed.
- Lost confidence. If you can’t find your keys, much less get through your workday in a timely fashion without a slew of mistakes, you are going to lose confidence in both your brain and yourself. When you cannot remember where you put things and it takes an absurd amount of effort just to do a simple task, you might question your very sanity. As your confidence continues to nose-dive, you just end up making more and more mistakes. It turns into a vicious cycle.
Brain Supplements Can Improve Memory and Concentration
What changes can you look forward to when you start taking smart pills that work?
Laser Sharp Focus
Remember when you were in school and you could focus in with laser-like intent on a problem, instantly identifying a brilliantly creative solution?
Okay, not all of us ever had those days. But you probably do remember a time when you had an easier time focusing in on just one thing.
With the best brain boosting supplements, you have a chance to recover that laser-like focus—or develop it for the first time.
Imagine if the next time you sat down to balance the budget or do a task at work, you could actually center your mind on the job without being pulled in a hundred different directions. That is what smart pills can do for you.
Concentration When It Counts
Focus is one thing … concentration is another.
Maybe you can focus on what you need to—but for how before your mind starts to wander?
If you cannot concentrate on a task for more than two seconds at a time, it becomes increasingly difficult to get even the simplest things done. You may find yourself regularly finishing your work late. Your co-workers and bosses may even be aware of your lagging productivity.
The longer it takes you to get through your work, the harder it gets to actually finish it! So this is a problem that can easily get worse and worse—and it is very discouraging.
When you start taking legit nootropics, you get to leave all of that behind you. You may never achieve perfect concentration (most of us never will), but you should find you are able to concentrate on the task at hand for much longer than you do now. You will end up taking fewer breaks, and you might start finishing up your work on time each day again—or even early!
Strong Memory Recall
You already know that episodic memory starts to decline in middle age—or even sooner for a lot of people.
You also know that cognitive impairment and dementia can wreak havoc on short-term memory.
If you cannot remember the name of that guy you met at the trade show yesterday or that famous actor on TV—or you cannot for the life of you find where you misplaced your mobile, a smart pill can help you.
You should have an easier time learning and storing new information, and you should also be able to recall it faster if someone asks you.
That may mean fewer “tip of the tongue” moments, not to mention a lot less time wasted searching for your keys or your phone. And you certainly are less likely to embarrass yourself at your next work meeting!
Alertness & Vitality
How we feel physically and psychologically are deeply interrelated. If you are fatigued all the time, you are simply never going to be thinking at your best. You need energy not just to get up and move around, but also to think clearly.
Think what it would be like if you could get through a full day of work and still have energy when you got home to work on your hobbies, exercise, or go out with family or friends.
Imagine heading to bed for a night of deep, restful, rejuvenating sleep. With a high-quality herbal supplement for brain health, it can happen!
Better Brain Health Now and in the Future
What causes age-related damage in the brain and other organs? Scientists believe that one major cause is oxidization from harmful free radicals.
As the study above discusses, free radicals can literally cause neurons to deteriorate and die. This may play directly into the development of Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
One way that free radicals can be neutralized is through the intake of antioxidants. These healthy compounds can be found in many of our foods and beverages, but the reality is that most of us could use more of them.
The best brain supplements for memory and concentration are replete with antioxidants.
So when you take smart pills, you are enhancing your brain health now and in the future, protecting your gray matter against the damage of free radicals.
Say Goodbye to Toxic Stress
Finally, one more major improvement which takes place in your life when you start taking memory supplements and getting back to feeling like yourself is the boost in your mood!
Not being able to think clearly or remember things is intensely stressful. It can make you feel like you are falling apart. And quite often, the mistakes you make because of it can make your life start falling apart!
When you are functioning at your best again, you can stop making mistakes and start restoring confidence and a feeling of overall well-being.
This is a bigger deal than you may realize.
It is not just about feeling good now. That is important—but so is how stress fits into the overall picture of the aging brain.
Researchers believe that chronic stress may actually play a role in dementia.
According to the study above, “prolonged, highly stressful experiences were associated with conversion from MCI to dementia.”
To remind you, “MCI” stands for “mild cognitive impairment.”
So anything you can do to cut back on your stress levels and enjoy a more peaceful, relaxing life can help you to stay healthy and sharp as you get older!
Smart Pill Ingredients
Which Ingredients Can Boost Brain Health As You Age?
- Bacopa Monnieri: Also known as “waterhyssop,” this herb grows in wetlands around the world. It has a long history of use in Ayurvedic medicine. It is a powerful antioxidant which had demonstrated protective effects on cells. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is believed to play a major role in the development of dementia. Additionally, this herb boosts blood flow to the brain and activates choline acetyltransferase, a key enzyme which is necessary to synthesize the neurotransmitter cetylcholine.
- Vinpocetine: This chemical is a semi-synthetic derivative of an extract from periwinkle. It acts as a potent anti-inflammatory agent, and has also received some testing as a supplement for memory enhancement. While research results are inconclusive right now, this chemical has been shown to increase blood circulation and metabolism in the brain and may slow down neuron loss. Some tests have also shown that it can improve concentration and attention.
- Huperzine A: This compound is found in a firmoss plant called Huperzia serrata. Studies conducted on Huperzine A so far have not used the best methodology, so scientists are still not sure how beneficial this compound is for preventing or treating Alzheimer’s disease. But one review of studies on Huperzine A concluded that the compound “appears to have beneficial effects on improvement of cognitive function, daily living activity, and global clinical assessment in participants with Alzheimer’s disease.”
- Siberian Ginseng: Also known as Eleutherococcus senticosus, this herb is native to Russia, China, Japan and other areas of east Asia. There is not a lot of western research backing Siberian Ginseng as a nootropic yet, but the supplement has been used in traditional medicine in the Far East for quite some time. Plenty of anecdotal evidence backs it up as an excellent memory and attention enhancer.
This is not a full list of all helpful nootropic ingredients, but these are some of the most potent choices on the market right now. As you can see, even though there is no cure for Alzheimer’s, there are a few herbs and compounds out there which have demonstrated their benefits for brain health in scientific studies.
These supplements may be one of the best lines of defense we have right now against mental deterioration as we age.
In a word … no!
First of all, remember that the decline in cognitive ability starts for most people as early as their 20s. The sooner you start protecting your brain health, the more you can potentially do to offset that decline.
Secondly, preventing dementia and Alzheimer’s disease is far from the only reason to take a brain supplement.
Most of us could function better than we do. Our brains are incredible biological marvels, and yet how many of us really reach our full intellectual potential?
You my have seen the Limitless movie and wondered what it would be like if there were a real NZT-48 pill.
Just think what you would be capable of at the office and in other areas of your life if you had such a pill.
You would be able to focus on your work like never before, generating solutions your colleagues can barely comprehend. You would be able to learn and retain information like never before.
Whether you are in college aiming to get a four year degree in three years or you are trying to climb the corporate ladder, brain supplements can help you to reach your maximum potential.
Is There A Real Limitless Pill?
All of this may have you wondering whether there is a real NZT-48 supplement.
The closest real-life equivalent is a wakefulness-promoting medication called Modafinil, sold under the brand names Modavigil, Alertec, and Provigil.
Generally it is used to treat excessive daytime sleepiness and narcolepsy. It has also been investigated for troop use in combat scenarios where sleep deprivation is an issue. Astronauts on the ISS have made use of it as well.
Many people who have used Modafinil report that it does far more than fight fatigue.
Reportedly it also dampens distractions and clarifies thought, bringing an intense focus to the mind. As a result, professionals and students may consider turning to Modafinil as an alternative to amphetamines.
A third of participants in clinical trials on Modafinil have reported crippling headaches. An additional 11% experienced nausea, while others reported an array of other side-effects ranging from nervousness to diarrhea. Dizziness and insomnia may also result from Modafinil use. I can attest that the side effects are very real. In fact, I had to stop using Modafinil after 2 days when my headaches became so intense I ended up at the ER.
This is why Modafinil is not the best option if you are in search of a real-life Limitless pill.
It may be the closest thing from a prescription pad, but the side effects are totally not worth it! Researchers still are not even sure whether it is safe for long-term use.
The closest thing to a safe real-life Limitless pill is a healthy brain supplement containing safe, tested, side-effect free ingredients.
Looking for suggestions? Not all brain pills are equal. Many so-called “nootropics” on the market are no better than placebos. There are only a few healthy brain supplements manufactured by trustworthy companies.
Below, you can read about the three best nootropics available today…
All of the products we recommend are manufactured by reputable companies and contain only the highest quality ingredients. Every one of them is cGMP certified, conforming to the strictest quality control standards. We have tested out all three products and have had amazing results—without the nasty side effects of Modafinil.
Which Products Contain Ingredients Scientifically Proven to Boost Brain Health?
Our #1 Pick:
Mind Lab Pro is our top ranked nootropic supplement for 2018.
Mind Lab Pro boosts brain power by supporting brain pathways through the patented ingredient Cognizin®.
Other key ingredients include long-term memory booster Phosphatidylserine (PS), Lion’s Mane Mushroom and Bacopa Monnieri.
Mind Lab Pro is a well-established brand with a solid reputation for quality and 3rd party testing.
Optimind is another of our favorite nootropic supplements for 2018.
It has a 3 stage performance formula that is clinically proven to increase focus. Their hybrid formula is on the cutting-edge of Nootropic research and science.
For the money, it is hard to beat. It also contains one of all time favorite supplements, Caffeine, in the most effective dose. In fact, studies show that caffeine promotes better overall cognitive health and memory ability. For most of you, this isn’t not news per se and you already consume caffeine every day.
A slightly different approach and more of a mood booster, Alpha Brain, is a carefully formulated blood that delivers a safe, effective increase in serotonin and energy.
It is a truly unique supplement to help you combat daily stress and improve your concentration. The proven blend of comes with a free trial offer for Geniux.com readers.
Expert Tips for Getting the Most Out of Smart Pills
Whichever nootropic supplement you decide to try, you should keep in mind that nothing is going to transform you into an overnight genius. There is also no replacement for a healthy lifestyle. So here are a few quick tips to ensure that you get the best results from your smart pills:
- Follow the dosage directions. Make sure you take your smart pills as directed, taking the proper dosage at the right time each day. Do not skip days, or the supplement will be less effective.
- Be patient. Even though you may notice some improvements right away (sometimes within the first day), you should give your brain supplement at least several months to work. The positive effects are cumulative, and most people do not max out their brain potential on a supplement until they have used it for at least 90 days. That is when the really dramatic effects start kicking in!
- Eat a healthy diet. While the best nootropic supplements can help fuel your brain, they cannot fill every gap in your diet. If you want your brain to function at its best, a healthy, nutritious, varied diet is essential. Make sure that you are eating fatty fish and foods fortified with DHA omega-3 fatty acids. Get plenty of vitamin E and antioxidants like lutein.
- Exercise. Exercise for at least half an hour a day most days of the week. Research shows that regularly working out is vital to the growth of new brain cells.
- Avoid chronic stress. Because chronic stress can increase your chances of developing dementia, you should take steps to remove any unnecessary stressors from your life. The more you can relax and detoxify your body and mind, the healthier your brain will be, and the sharper your mind will be.
- Get plenty of sleep. It can be a real challenge to get seven to nine hours of restful sleep each night with a busy fulltime work schedule, but rest is essential to optimum brain functioning! A healthy nootropic pill can help to clear up brain fog and sharpen your concentration, but it cannot work miracles. If you are trying to power through on four to five hours of sleep each night, nothing is going to cut it.
- Stimulate your brain with activities, puzzles, and games. The more you can learn and engage your mind each day, the more powerful it will be. Think of it just like working out a muscle! If you do not exercise, you go soft. It is like that for your brain as well!
- Stay social. There are research studies which indicate that social participation can help to facilitate brain cell growth and repair. Spend time with family or friends, or volunteer in your community. Socializing online is another option.
When you read that one in three seniors die from dementia, a terrible disease which robs the sufferer of both ability and identity, it is easy to despair. You may panic the first time you lose your keys, and you may wonder whether that cloud of confusion that seems to have settled over your mind is really “just” brain fog.
Even though there is currently no cure for dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, there is hope—there are steps you can take right now to protect your brain health now and in the future.
Taking a high-quality nootropic supplement in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle can help you to boost circulation in your brain, reduce inflammation, and nourish your brain with the antioxidants it needs.
The result is a mind which is clear of brain fog, focus which is laser-like and precise, and an enhanced ability to concentrate, learn and remember information.
So don’t wade through another day of brain fog—it is time to unlock your full potential!